Join us on our podcast each weekday for an interesting story, well told, from Charisma News. Listen at charismapodcastnetwork.com.
(This prayer has been adapted from our prayer initiative: 911: A Recall to Pray for the Peace of Jerusalem, which was first issued in August 2015.)
"The Lord said to Abram ... 'I will bless them who bless you'" (Gen. 12:1a, 3a).
God of Abram, Isaac and Jacob, Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, You are the Eternal I AM. The One who is age to age the same. There is no shadow of turning with You. You are fully present in every generation—past, present and future. You are the All-Mighty. Your power has not been deleted or depleted over the millennia of human history. We know that You so loved the world that You gave us heaven's treasure when You sent Your only Son 2,000 years ago to be born as a baby, wrapped in swaddling clothes and laid in a manger. When we join the shepherds and gaze into that manger bed, we find ourselves looking into the face of God. Thank you for the wonder of Christmas! Thank you for the gospel that tells us that anyone and everyone who places their faith in the baby—who grew to live, then die as our Savior, who now sits on heaven's throne, who is soon to return and rule the world—will not perish but have everlasting life. Heaven's miracle available to little dust people!
While our hearts are overflowing with humble gratitude for Your amazing grace, we also know that Your great heart of love still longs to pour out Your blessing on the city and the people that You have uniquely chosen as Your own: Jerusalem. The House of Israel. The Jews.
In this present worldwide climate—where evil seems to be unrestrained—nations are unraveling, wars are raging, arms deals are being struck behind the closed doors of our enemies ... there are rumors of more wars breaking out in the Middle East and in Asia ... where kingdoms are rising against kingdom ... where threats are backed by weapons of mass destruction—our spirits feel the turmoil and agitation that surely is a reflection of the warfare being waged in the invisible realm.
Yet in the darkness, we have experienced an explosion of light. President Trump has affirmed America's recognition of Jerusalem as Israel's capital! He has vowed to move our embassy there! Thank You for all the work You have done behind the scenes to bring this to a decision. While the enemies of Your people may rage, we rejoice, because we understand that in our blessing of Israel, we will be blessed! We suddenly find ourselves on Your side once again, aligned with the nation and the city on which You have placed Your name.
We humbly turn to You now. We turn away from our responsibilities and routines, our busyness and our business, our own problems and pressures. We turn away from focusing on the turmoil in our capital and even the needs of the church. We turn away from any self-reliance or self-interests. We turn away from our Christmas shopping and wrapping and baking and planning and partying as we look up. To You! We join together with one heart and one voice to pray to thank You for the president's decision and to pray for the peace of Jerusalem. You alone are the One who makes us to dwell in safety. You alone are the One who makes us secure. You alone are God. And You alone are our God. We turn to You, deeply aware we do not deserve in ourselves to address You, yet boldly confident of access into Your most holy presence through the blood of Your Son and our Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We ask that the fear of the one, true, living God would fall on us, on Israel's neighbors—and on Israel (2 Chron. 20:29).
- We ask that the ancient prince of the Persian kingdom and every other demonic force vowing to come against Your City be bound and rendered powerless in the face of the hosts of heaven (Dan. 10:12-13).
- We ask that the days of rage that are threatened would not materialize.
- We ask for supernatural wisdom for Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, his Cabinet, his counselors and all government officials, so that they make decisions in line with Your perfect will. Draw the prime minister into Your Word. And then, when he opens and reads it, speak to him through it.
- We ask that You use President Trump's decision to encourage Israel's leaders and her citizens while putting her enemies on notice that America has her back.
- We ask that You bless The Beautiful Land and all those who live there, both Jews and Arabs, with Your peace.
- We ask especially that You woo Your people to Yourself. Draw them to put their trust in You, so that they experience peace without—and within.
- We ask that You bless President Trump. Thank You for his courage. His boldness. His leadership in the world. Make his enemies, both here and abroad, to be at peace with him.
- We ask that You bless the president's family, his Cabinet and his staff. Protect them, while giving them unity, loyalty and a shared vision.
- Lastly, we ask that You bless America. Our beloved nation. Protect us. Defend us. Unite us. Please continue to use us as a force for good in the world. Keep us steadfast in our commitment to be a friend to Your people.
You are a great prayer-hearing, prayer-answering, covenant-keeping, miracle-working God. Hear our prayer! Listen to Your children as we pray for the peace of the city on which You have placed Your name. Answer us!
For the glory of Your great name, Yeshua!
"Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: 'May they prosper who love you! Peace be within your walls and security within your towers!'" (Ps. 122:6-7).
Anne Graham Lotz, second child of Billy and Ruth Graham, is the founder of AnGeL Ministries and chairman for the National Day of Prayer Task Force. She has authored 15 books, including her latest, The Daniel Prayer.
This article originally appeared at annegrahamlotz.org.
FREE GIFT! Download Pastor Bill Johnson's 40-page mini eBook, The War In Your Head, and unlock your supernatural lifestyle. CLICK HERE